Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Clockwise Manniquin Canvas

I spent a few (too few) days scrapping at an annual get-together of friends that we’ve come to know as Maggi Camp: a long weekend of wine, chatter, laughter and crafting. Our hostess always has a fantastic project or two for us and this year was no exception: a mini album (more on that later) and a mixed media project using our new obsession, products from Stamperia.

The image is patterned rice paper, perfect for decoupage, adhered to a canvas board with mixed media glue. Once this was dry, I added lace here and there around the edges before applying crackle paste all around the border.
Next came the misting all around the edges, using my heat tool to dry each layer of color before adding another. 

I also saturated the flowers with mist and allowed them to dry.

The chipboard gears were heat embossed, some with smooth embossing powder, others with Stampendous enamel to give a more textured appearance. The corner piece was embossed here and there.
Next came my other obsession: Prima waxes!!!! I went around the borders with Aged Brass to give the “frame” some consistency.
 All the chipboard pieces were covered with a variety of colors (I love the way that this allows the details to come through.) before being adhered to the canvas with matte medium.
And now it was time to put it all together: some layers of chippies, a few metal pieces and a cluster of flowers and I called it done!



Stamperia – Clockwise Collection – A2 Decoupage Rice Paper - Mannequin

Creative Embellishments – Laser Cut Chipboard – Mini Gears
Creative Embellishments – Laser Cut Chipboard – Large Gear Set
Creative Embellishments – Laser Cut Chipboard – Steampunk Clock Corner
Mini Dress Form Set
Clock Keys
Metal Pieces

Stamperia – Mixed Media Glue #DC28M
Liquitex – Matte Medium
Stamperia – Crackle Paste #K3P37
Tattered Angels – Glimmer Mist – Tattered Leather
Prima – Color Bloom – Antique Gold #573843
Stampendous – Frantage – Shabby White Embossing Enamel #FREG027
Prima – Art Alchemy – Metallique Wax – Aged Brass #963965
Prima – Art Alchemy – Metallique Wax – Bronze Age #964023
Prima – Art Alchemy – Antique Brilliance Wax – Red Amber #964313

Prima – Finnabair – Art Basics – Mixed Media Silicone Brush – 1 inch #963897

As always, I want to thank you for peeking into my blog; your visits mean a lot to me.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Growing Up

I was inspired by this photo of my granddaughter looking so grown up to dig deep into my paper stash for all that I have left of Prima’s Flights of Fancy collection.

I hollowed out the two bottom sheets, so I’d have something to use as matting. To keep my layout stable and to add some dimension, I glued a piece of thin chipboard between each layer. 
I punched out a border strip from the Tiptoe sheet, cut it in half and arranged it to fit on either side of the center image.
After attaching the matted photo and circle, I used a Memory Box stencil and crackle paste to add “Heart Confetti” below. It ended up just a bit too bright, so I sprayed on some mist, diluted it with a couple of sprays of water and dried it with my heat tool. I lightly went over the hearts with a baby wipe and then used Distress Ink to tone them down a bit more.

There are a lot of flowers on this layout. Somehow, I couldn’t seem to stop, tucking in some lace and adding a few pearls here and there.
A few more pearls were placed on the top of the circle to create a more balanced look.

 Lastly, I punched out several butterflies, inked the edges and placed a few pearls down the centers. When that was done, I adhered a small piece of foam tape to each bottom to make them “fly” off the page.


Prima – Flights of Fancy Collection – Faith #841508
Prima – Flights of Fancy Collection – Firefly #841461
Prima – Flights of Fancy Collection – Tiptoe #841492
Prima – Rossibelle Collection – Sweet Souvenirs #847807

Prima – Tales of You and Me Collection – Je Suis Amoureuse #586362
Prima – Wild and Free Collection – Lost and Found #594633
Prima – Wild and Free Collection – Precious Stone #594701
Prima – Trim – Plumeria #583026
Prima – Trim – Posey #583033
Kaisercraft – Self Adhesive Pearls – Pearl Strip – Champagne #PL506
Darice – Self Stick Pearls – Pearl #121707
Prima – Frank Garcia – Memory Hardware – Pearls II #991944

Prima – Art Extravagance – Texture Paste – White Crackle #961503
Prima – Color Bloom – Spray Mist – Peony #573904
Ranger – Tim Holtz – Distress Ink Pad – Walnut Stain #TIM9534

Prima – Ingvild Bolme – Distressing Tool #890940
Memory Box – Designer Stencil – Heart Confetti #88588
Martha Stewart Crafts – Deep Edger Punch – Scroll Heart #MS42-70034
Martha Stewart Crafts – Craft Punch – Classic Butterfly #EKM283010
Kreaxions – Circle Cutter

Aleen’s Original Tacky Glue
Uline – Foam Tape

As always, I want to thank you for peeking into my blog; your visits mean a lot to me.