This wall hanging that I made using the October Project Add-On from Swirlydoos was surprisingly quick and easy. I've made it "mine" by switching out a few of the included embellishments with items from my stash of pretties.
To start, I colored the Dusty Attic chipboard phrase with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and put it aside to dry. (Distress Inks are water-based and take a few moments to set.)
Next came the part that I thought was going to be hard - applying the Iron Orchid Design rub-on transfer to the wood plank base - and turned out to be so easy. Despite the roughness of the surface, it attached perfectly and I was done in no time.
By now, the chipboard was ready for a coating of Wink of Stella - just enough to give it a bit of glimmer.
And now for the fun part - the embellies! From my stash, I took a Prima vine from the Salvage District collection and cut it in half. I placed it where I thought my cluster would begin and end. I played around with flowers from the kit (more Salvage District blooms from Prima) until I got the look I wanted.
When I was satisfied, I glued it all down, starting with the chipboard phrase.
I decided to use some Kaisercraft pearls around the medallion to give my project an elegant look and to match the several Memory Hardware pearls that I placed in my flower cluster.
I finished it all off with a black resin butterfly that I've had for a long while; it matched the rustic look perfectly!!!