Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Altered Cigar Box Using Stamperia's Provence Collection

I’m participating in a special kind of swap at Scrapbook.com – we’re altering cigar boxes and sending them out to each other, publishing the images after our partners receive them.
Here’s what I created using Stamperia’s gorgeous Provence collection…

…from this...

…and here’s how it all came together.

I began by coating all of the surfaces with gesso. The actual box is pretty dark and I needed a lighter background for the paper that I was going to use. As you can see, the box came with paper that covered the wood bottom. I was going to remove this, but then I realized that it would make a better surface, so I simply glued the loose edges down.

The edges were given a few coats of acrylic paint.

I cut two pieces of the Texture Flowers paper and using matte gel medium, pasted them to the inner sides of the box.

Next, I took a sheet of Provence Flowers rice paper and starting with the top front edge inside the box, adhered the paper in and up, a little at a time, smoothing it out as I went along. The A3 size was a perfect fit, allowing me to fold the top of the paper over the cove.

I decided to cover the back of the cover flap, using a piece of Provence Patchwork rice paper, to avoid the inevitable cracking of paint as the box was opened and closed.

After covering the bottom with Textured Flowers paper, I covered the sides with the matching Textured Wallpaper, starting with the front and back and then the sides.

The top of the box was covered with another piece of Textured Flowers paper.

I took a piece of lace from my stash (I wish I could remember where I bought it…) and adhered it all around the sides, applying glue only to the top of the strip, allowing the rest to hang free.

I started to arrange the flowers, playing around with them until I was satisfied with the placement.

One of the purple flowers was just too large, so I took it apart, saving the bottom for another project.

After gluing the flowers down, I started to add cut apart trim here and there underneath the blooms.

The flowers are from two different collections. I added a few stamens to pull the centers together.

I placed some pearls on the trim pieces to match the other flower centers. To finish my box, I added some of the vines from the flower packages.

A few close-ups:


Stamperia – Provence Collection – Rice Paper – A3 – Flowers #DFSA3026
Stamperia – Provence Collection – Rice Paper – A3 –Patchwork #DFSA3025
Stamperia – Provence Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Texture Flowers #SBB594
Stamperia – Provence Collection – 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper – Texture Wallpaper #SBB597

Prima – Moon Child Collection – Flower Embellishments – New Moon #636487
Prima – Spring Farmhouse Collection – Flower Embellishments – Simple Things #637972
Prima – Trim – Plumeria #583026
Prima – Memory Hardware – Pearls II #991944

Golden – Acrylic Gesso #3550-5
Ranger – Tim Holtz – Distress Paint – Picket Fence #TDF53170
Liquitex Professional – Gel Medium – Matte Gel #5321

Foam Brush

Art Institute – Art Glitter – Dries Clear Designer Adhesive

As always, I want to thank you for peeking into my blog; your visits mean a lot to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment